The Mad Fishicist

A fly rodding, sheep stalking, moose calling, guitar trying, bird watching, fly tying, Katie loving stay-at-home-dad.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Candy Hearts


"O ye frogs and fevers, ye coots and constellations, the fisher-girl was the loveliest of lovely sights!"
-David James Duncan, The River Why


Our life is a love song
With all the proper metaphors.
It was probably written in the late seventies,
When love songs sounded more like praise than anything else.
It's mostly about your eyes:
How they look when you first wake up
And the way they look at our daughter and me
And when they're reading
And watching a sad movie.
It even says something about your eyes when you're angry.
I love our song because my life depends on your eyes.
It's a song that I pray generations will sing
And through it they will learn a love like ours.
I'll never forget the words,
Even though the chorus changes every day.
I'll never forget the tune,
But that changes sometimes too.
It's our song to pass on;
It's mostly about your eyes;
A praise to unlimited love
And a new verse every day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isaac--You are so romantic to my daughter, Katie, and I know that she really appreciates you. We appreciate you as well, because Katie truly deserves a husband like you. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being so loving to Katie and Sophia. Happy Valentines Day. With all our love--Donna and Pete

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 6:52:00 PM  
Blogger Belle Etoile said...

All my love, babe. Thanks.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:09:00 PM  
Blogger sawmaster said...

what a hallmark card,who the babe in the red coat. PS sorry im late im a little behind in technology.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 3:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home