The Mad Fishicist

A fly rodding, sheep stalking, moose calling, guitar trying, bird watching, fly tying, Katie loving stay-at-home-dad.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

Monday, February 20, 2006

Mirrors




















"Look at her. She is your mirror."
-Jorge Luis Borges, The Moon

I'm reminded of a moonlight hike on the southern bank of the Turnagin Arm, Cook Inlet, Gulf of Alaska, Pacific Ocean. It was almost three years ago and I was too nervous to hold her hand. But already in the frozen blue light I could see that her face would become my mirror and so much more.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Chindo said...

I wonder if the reflection SHE sees is a little less furry than the mirror man himself?

Thursday, February 23, 2006 6:35:00 AM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

honey, you are so poetic

Thursday, February 23, 2006 9:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures and poetry. See you soon--Donna

Friday, February 24, 2006 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

What a gift...and reflection of your heart...

Friday, February 24, 2006 10:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home