The Mad Fishicist

A fly rodding, sheep stalking, moose calling, guitar trying, bird watching, fly tying, Katie loving stay-at-home-dad.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Song of Wandering Aengus-W.B. Yeats


I went out to the hazel wood,
Because a fire was in my head,
And cut and peeled a hazel wand,
And hooked a berry to a thread;
And when white moths were on the wing,
And moth-like stars were flickering out,
I dropped the berry in a stream
And caught a little silver trout.


When I had laid it on the floor
I went to blow the fire a-flame,
But something rustled on the floor,
And some one called me by my name:
It had become a glimmering girl
With apple blossom in her hair
Who called me by my name and ran
And faded through the brightening air.


Though I am old with wandering
Through hollow lands and hilly lands,
I will find out where she has gone,
And kiss her lips and take her hands;
And walk among long dappled grass,
And pluck till time and times are done
The silver apples of the moon,
The golden apples of the sun.


When I am too old to take myself fishing, Sophia, remember this day and take me with you when you go.

6 Comments:

Blogger Belle Etoile said...

I know she will.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 9:07:00 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

What perfect pictures for a perfect
poem.
Every time I open a new entry and see how beautiful Sofia is I break out in a smile.
I can't wait until you get here. See you on the Island .Be safe.
I love you, Pop

Thursday, August 17, 2006 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You're such a sweet Daddy.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

Son, this one is over the top. I can't stand it! How unbelievably adorable--precious, beautiful...

Thursday, August 17, 2006 8:03:00 PM  
Blogger Tater said...

Isaac, you are such a beautiful writer. I strive to write like you one day. I am so excited to visit my Sophia over labor day weekend. Maybe we all can go fishing?

Monday, August 21, 2006 8:41:00 AM  
Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

that's a great idea, tater.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 9:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home