The Mad Fishicist

A fly rodding, sheep stalking, moose calling, guitar trying, bird watching, fly tying, Katie loving stay-at-home-dad.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Lost and Found


"I fished upstream coming ever closer and closer to the narrow staircase of the canyon. Then I went up into it as if I were entering a department store. I caught three trout in the lost and found department. "
-Richard Brautigan, Trout Fishing in America

I let this fish go. More than likely I'll never see him again.

But that won't keep me from trying.

8 Comments:

Blogger auntibeck said...

What's with the tongue sticking out?
Looks like your ready to eat.
Have a great day.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 8:29:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think he's focusing on what his next catch will be.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 9:40:00 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

What a beauty! And finally a quote I can really relate to--shopping at a department store!

Thursday, October 19, 2006 9:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice. Was it cold out there?

Thursday, October 19, 2006 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

Encourager--the tongue aids in concentration. Without it, the fish would be flopping around and getting away before the picture is taken.

AB--I'd like to take you to the new Cabela's store in Reno. Bring your check book.

RJ--Just get ready for Baum Lake.

Opax--It's cold enough to freeze the still water right now, but it thaws by early afternoon. The picture was taken earlier this summer when the weather was fine and the sun was shining all day long. Fishing's good now, but not around where I live. It's a long drive for me to any decent fishing. Thanks for writing.

MAD

Thursday, October 19, 2006 7:12:00 PM  
Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 7:12:00 PM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

Um, I think it is kinda weird when at first glance I thought that picture was my husband.

Friday, October 20, 2006 9:53:00 AM  
Blogger The Chindo said...

CS - me too.

TMF - the fish would stick his tongue out too if he thought it would help him get away

Saturday, October 21, 2006 9:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home