The Mad Fishicist

A fly rodding, sheep stalking, moose calling, guitar trying, bird watching, fly tying, Katie loving stay-at-home-dad.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Three Years in Profile



Three years ago today we met.

I'm sitting in a fancy hotel room and I don't want to leave.
Nothing and nobody could kick me out.
The building is gorgeous; the architect knew I'd like it.
The room has no number.
There's just two words on the door.

The view from here is incredible, but it can sometimes get blocked.
If it were up to me, I'd go ahead and demolish anything that blocks the view.
It's that good.

I couldn't pass this room up.
The words on the door were calling me.
But wait until you hear about the room itself.

This room has class.
The designer knew I'd like it.
This room has a place for everything.
It's as if the room keeps growing to fit me and all my junk, as well as the fine art, decor, and furniture that were already there.

High ceilings, custom design, and it feels like home.
Everything here is made of the finest material.
Every item is handpicked.

If there's clutter, it's on purpose.
If something spills, I'll clean it up.
I don't want anything to spoil this fancy hotel room for me.
If anyone else knocks, I won't answer.
I want this room all to myself.

Oh yes, the two words on the door.
I'll bet you thought I wasn't going to tell you the words that called me to this room.
The whole reason I opened the door in the first place.
I'll tell you, but don't bother knocking.

The words on the door:
Katie's Heart.

4 Comments:

Blogger Belle Etoile said...

It's yours, babe. Thanks for taking care of it so perfectly.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 3:42:00 PM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

Oh my. You two. And the room reservation was made for you before the foundations of the world...

"I was in His mind before the worlds were made."

Thursday, March 02, 2006 4:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so sweet and romantic. Thank you for taking such good care of my daughter. Love, Donna

Friday, March 03, 2006 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger The Chindo said...

hmmm.

What's the fishycistern really after?

A new float tube?

Friday, March 03, 2006 6:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home