The Mad Fishicist

A fly rodding, sheep stalking, moose calling, guitar trying, bird watching, fly tying, Katie loving stay-at-home-dad.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

Saturday, May 13, 2006

His Mother


"Even He that died for us upon the cross, in the last hour, in the unutterable agony of death, was mindful of His mother, as if to teach us that this holy love should be our last worldly thought - the last point of earth from which the soul should take its flight for heaven."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, His Mother

Mom,
How can I make you proud?
You made me this way, be proud of yourself.

How can I honor you?
Your sacrifices lift you up farther than I can reach.

How do I repay the life you've given me?
It's already more than I could ever want.

How will you know it was worth it, in the end?
See it in Sophia--your love's legacy, my mother's touch.

3 Comments:

Blogger auntibeck said...

How my heart is full when I see such devotion to your wife and to me. I don't deserve such a gift, but I am humbled and thankful. You have made it all worthwhile...

Monday, May 15, 2006 1:49:00 PM  
Blogger The Chindo said...

She is pretty great. Isn't she?

Monday, May 15, 2006 3:43:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

the best ever

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 12:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home