The Mad Fishicist

A fly rodding, sheep stalking, moose calling, guitar trying, bird watching, fly tying, Katie loving stay-at-home-dad.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

Sunday, March 05, 2006

One


This letter is dated 7/19/04.

Hey Baby-
I cannot WAIT for march 10 (or whenever you come out of your mommy's tummy). I have a few promises:

I promise to always love Mom no matter what.

I promise to always consult God for guidance when it comes to you and Mom.

I promise to give you my best.

You must know how loved you are already by Mom and me. I have spent the last week wondering what you will be like. I have wondered what you will be good at and what types of things you will like. Maybe you'll be good at math so you can help me when I need it (your dad needs lots of help with his math). Or maybe you'll love books like I do and we can make good trades. But whoever you turn out to be, I need you to know how your mom and I will always be there to support you and love you and to help you be the best person you can be. We pray for you every day, and you can count on our prayers for the rest of our lives.

Love,
Dad



This one is dated March 5, 2006.

Sophia,
I know that some day you will be free to seek your own love. My goal is to love you and Mommy in such a way that some day you will look for a love like mine. I see it as my responsibility and my privilege to set your standards high, so I pray daily that I can live up to it. Keep watching me with Mommy. Take good notes, and when you're 35, you can start looking.

Happy Birthday Angel.

Love,
Dad

6 Comments:

Blogger sawmaster said...

Amen brother.

Sunday, March 05, 2006 9:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There once was a sweetheart named Sophi

Who brought joy to her Daddy and Mummy.

They both were so thrilled that the little girl squeeled with delight as they tickled her tummy.

Happy Birthday Sweet Sophie,

Grandpa Fred

Sunday, March 05, 2006 3:44:00 PM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

Oh Isaac. Thank you for giving us a window into your soul. God has blessed our family beyond our wildest dreams...Happy birthday to the sweet little baby darling. Grandma's on her way!

Sunday, March 05, 2006 4:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sophia is truly and angel, and she is blessed to have you and her mom just as you are blessed to have her. Keep up the good work, Dad. Love, Donna

Monday, March 06, 2006 8:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, March 06, 2006 8:25:00 AM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

k there are 3 now!!!

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 6:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home