The Mad Fishicist

A fly rodding, sheep stalking, moose calling, guitar trying, bird watching, fly tying, Katie loving stay-at-home-dad.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

On the Banks of a Yukon River

There on the banks of a Yukon river
I wondered if love and life
could be more perfect.

Now I know my love was
a child learning to walk;
a seed searching for stalk;
a bird lost from his flock;

and I wonder if life and love
could be more perfect.


Happy anniversary, my Belle Etoile.

7 Comments:

Blogger coolskool mom said...

Happy Anniversary! You make a lovely couple.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 9:36:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Day TMF. Congrats!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 1:35:00 PM  
Blogger Trotsky said...

You two look very happy together...hang on to that.
Congratulations from southwestern Ontario!

Thursday, February 08, 2007 4:44:00 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

How am I supposed to work while you are writing such lovely poetry? It has brought tears of thankfulness to my eyes. Keep up your love for a lifetime, believe it or not, even through trials and tribulations, it gets better and better.

Thursday, February 08, 2007 9:08:00 AM  
Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

THANKS EVERYONE! We had a great day.

I got her a string of pearls. She got me a life vest.

Friday, February 09, 2007 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger opax said...

This quote came to my mind after TMF's Fly Fisherman (Eagle) post:

"One woman can make you fly like an eagle, another can give you the strength of a lion, but only one in the Cycle Of Life can fill your heart with wonder and the wisdom that you have known a singular joy."
- Deputy Tommy 'Hawk' Hill, Twin Peaks

Friday, February 09, 2007 10:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

Monday, November 10, 2008 2:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home