The Mad Fishicist

A fly rodding, sheep stalking, moose calling, guitar trying, bird watching, fly tying, Katie loving stay-at-home-dad.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Covering Love



You're amazing.

I've watched you learn to crawl, stand, walk, dance, run, and jump. You had no idea that each would lead to the next.

I've watched you learn to talk. When you say, "Dankoo, Papa," my world becomes you.

I've watched you learn to sing. The words aren't important. What matters is the smile. And the volume.

I've watched you learn to love. Mama's the finest teacher there is. Keep watching her, and you'll never run out of kisses.

Now it's your turn to be amazed by someone else.

Your new baby brother or sister is coming sooner than you think. You'll have to show him or her how to crawl, stand, walk, dance, run, jump, talk, and sing.

And if you can teach the new baby how to love like Mama has taught you, you'll never run out of kisses.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Once again you've brought tears to my eyes TMF. You have such a beautiful love for your girls. I can't wait to see Sophia take on her new role as big sister.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 7:56:00 AM  
Blogger Belle Etoile said...

I love this picture of the two of you. I love how much your face shows that you admire her...

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 8:16:00 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

Oh my, there are not words this morning to express how thankful I am that you and BE and Phia have created such a world of love. I know the secret--you've eluded to it here--it is sacrifice. Sacrifice of first place, sacrifice of acknowledgement, sacrifice of self, sacrifice of need, sacrificial love, always.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 8:56:00 AM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

that was so sweet TMF

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 8:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home