The Mad Fishicist

A fly rodding, sheep stalking, moose calling, guitar trying, bird watching, fly tying, Katie loving stay-at-home-dad.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

Thursday, March 15, 2007

ee cummings on Spring


Spring is like a perhaps hand
(which comes carefully
out of Nowhere) arranging
a window, into which people look (while
people stare
arranging and changing placing
carefully there a strange
thing and a known thing here) and

changing everything carefully

spring is like a perhaps
Hand in a window
(carefully to
and fro moving New and
Old things, while
people stare carefully
moving a perhaps
fraction of flower here placing
an inch of air there) and

without breaking anything.
-ee cummings


It's still far too cold to go to bed without a fire in the wood stove. But tonight I split wood by sunlight instead of porch light.

I haven't split as much wood as fast yet this year.

The light changes everything.

9 Comments:

Blogger Belle Etoile said...

I can't wait til the ice in those falls melts and the water starts to flow.

Friday, March 16, 2007 7:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like I'm dying a slow death every winter, just to be resurrected in spring. The light does help, but oh its still so cold...

FC

Friday, March 16, 2007 7:41:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad your blog is working now. Gorgeous pictures.

Friday, March 16, 2007 8:30:00 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

Beautiful...Thompson Pass! I'm looking forward to Spring also--

Friday, March 16, 2007 9:28:00 AM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

Wow, those are amazing pictures. It feels like summer here. We went swimming again yesterday.

Saturday, March 17, 2007 8:51:00 AM  
Blogger Trotsky said...

Wow those pictures are lovely!
T-Shirt weather here yesterday but still not quite there yet.
I misses the fishes.

Saturday, March 17, 2007 5:08:00 PM  
Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

HEY FC
Thanks for checking in. In the twenties today. No wind helps. I think a ptarmigan kill is in order.

CS. Must be nice. It might get up to 80 here in July, but that would be the maximum. Two summers ago we had 80 degree weather for about a month and it melted a control tower at the radio station so it wouldn't work. Guess it was set up for cold weather only.

Trotsky-I miss the fishes too. But this can't last forever. You'd be amazed at what constitutes t shirt weather here after 6 months of this. I almost got run out of town for letting my daughter outside in just a vest and a long sleeved turtleneck. We were both sick of our winter coats.

Almost equinox!

Monday, March 19, 2007 12:46:00 PM  
Blogger 4 said...

You ever try climbing those ice falls?

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 10:21:00 PM  
Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

Hey Matt,
I think I'm too terrestrial for that type of excitement.

But it's a labor of love and obsession for lots of my neighbors. I live less than two miles from a box canyon with these and several other falls. They are world famous for ice climbing.

MAD

Thursday, March 22, 2007 7:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home